[network-health] Upgrade your 'OdyX' Tor relay?

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud tor at odyx.org
Mon Sep 2 19:39:03 UTC 2019

Hi there Roger,

Le lundi, 2 septembre 2019, 09.44:50 h CEST Roger Dingledine a écrit :
> You are running a Tor relay, which is great:
> http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/rs.html#details/ABF940561A8E528559747D2237847E
> 1BD823CDB8
>
> First: that Tor version is obsolete, and because of old bugs, we will
> soon cut relays running those versions out of the network. Please
> consider upgrading!

Thanks for the ping. I was indeed running an old non-upgraded Tor version from
Debian backports. A mere upgrade fixed that.

> Second: let us know if there is any way to help you bump up the
> bandwidth that you are allocating to the Tor relay. :)

Well. That server is in my basement, 6 floors of powerline ethernet away from
the uplink; and it does other networking things for me, so my bandwidth is
precious.

But I can certainly try to bump that number away. I just multiplied it by
four; I'll keep an eye on its connectivity.

Thank you for reaching out, it's appreciated!

Cheers from Switzerland, OdyX