[network-health] Upgrade your 'glenda2' Tor relay?

Christoph Lohmann 20h at r-36.net
Mon Sep 2 10:39:03 UTC 2019

Dear Mr. Dingledine,

On Mon, 02 Sep 2019 12:39:03 +0200 Roger Dingledine <arma at torproject.org> wrote:
> You are running a Tor relay, which is great:
> http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/rs.html#details/98FB7574932DBD6FE9E75169982EDFBA50F86175

thank you for noticing  me. I have updated the debian  on this node. It
is be the newest of tor in Debian now running there.

One note: Could the tor relay status  be changed, so the bare stats can
be seen without javascript? Javascript  is the main threat to anonymity
over tor. I am by default not  turning on Javascript in my own browser.
The base  stats could be  shown and only the  graphs show some  hint to
turn on javascript.

> Second: let us know if there is any way to help you bump up the
> bandwidth that you are allocating to the Tor relay. :)

My nodes  were running at full  speed at the beginning  and soon ranked
very high. The problem is, that when  I give a maximum bandwidth, it is
used all the time. This of course soon takes up the maximum Terabytes I
have per  VPS. My bandwidth is  thus calculated to full  usage all over
the whole month.

If  anything, like  bigger bursts  is required,  I'd need  some way  to
configure when  this is  needed or  maybe some way,  to have  pauses. I
haven't looked up  since I set up the node,  if something was developed
in tor for this case. I shouldn't be alone there.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann