[network-health] Upgrade your 'torexitrendrag' Tor relay?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Sep 2 08:15:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

You are running a Tor relay, which is great:
http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/rs.html#details/72657B96BF99B28FBD9F2B036A590AA8A4535422

First: that Tor version is obsolete, and because of old bugs, we will
soon cut relays running those versions out of the network. Please
consider upgrading!

Second: let us know if there is any way to help you bump up the
bandwidth that you are allocating to the Tor relay. :)

You can find Tor packages for your distro / OS here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide#PlatformspecificInstructions

Ideally you will switch to keeping up with our stable releases, but if
you need a stable that is especially stable, the Tor 0.3.5 branch will
be maintained until Feb 2022:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases#Current
and you can see the lifetimes of other Tor versions on that table too.

Let us know if we can do anything to make the process easier.

And lastly, I am cc'ing the new network health mailing list (which
has public archives), to help us stay synced:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkHealthTeam

Thanks!
--Roger