[network-health] Upgrade your 'dragonfly' Tor relay?

Dara LY dara at libellules.eu
Wed Oct 23 00:06:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

> First: that Tor version is obsolete, and because of old bugs, we will
> soon cut relays running those versions out of the network. Please
> consider upgrading!

Thank you for letting me know about that. I am now on 0.4.1.6.

> Second: let us know if there is any way to help you bump up the bandwidth
> that you are allocating to the Tor relay. :)

Unfortunately I don't think there is any, the main limitation being my
server's bandwidth itself. However, I noticed that the observed
bandwidth on Tor metrics is lower than what I allocated in the torrc,
so I will try increasing it a little.

> You can find Tor packages for many distros / operating systems here:
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide#PlatformspecificInstructions
>
> Let us know if we can do anything to make the process easier.

My relay is one of the few running OpenBSD, a setting which is not
listed on this wiki page. Fortunately, the Tor BSD Diversity Project
has written some nice doc: https://torbsd.github.io/obsd-relays.html.
Maybe it should be integrated into the wiki.

Thanks again for the good work.

Dara