[network-health] Upgrade your 'droideka' Tor relay?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Thu Oct 24 12:35:34 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 02:25:51PM +0200, Damien Desfontaines wrote:
> Arg, I don't know what happened, it looked good after the update, but
> apparently it got stuck at some point, and rebooting my machine made
> me lose my previous configĀ =( Are Tor relay configs stored somewhere?
> I'd just like to reuse whatever I was doing before???

Yes, your relay identity info should be stored in the "keys" directory
in your DataDirectory:
https://2019.www.torproject.org/docs/faq#UpgradeOrMove

So, either it's still there, and when you started the new Tor you somehow
were pointing it to a different DataDirectory. Or something else weird
happened.

> Otherwise I'll manually rewrite a config (and backup it this timeĀ ><)
> some time in the near future.

That sounds like a solid option too.

--Roger