[network-health] Tor relay "1chandotus" publishes bandwidth at high granularity?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Oct 14 10:25:05 UTC 2019

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for running a fast relay!
http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/rs.html#details/7DB8443AE29FBC450D34E55FA914F42BF929EE49

I notice that the server it's on is publishing very fine-grained
bandwidth information though:
https://infinity.rocketnine.space/#menu_system_submenu_network;theme=slate
Do those graphs include the relay traffic? That level of detail can
assist attackers in doing traffic correlation attacks -- for example,
if they know that a given burst of traffic happened somewhere in the
network, they can check your page to see if your relay was involved in it.

Is this level of detail published intentionally? Can we encourage you
to put it behind a login, or otherwise make it less available?

Thanks!
--Roger