[network-health] Upgrade your 'treeltor' Tor relay?

Z/F Posting zfposting at zuberfowler.com
Sat Oct 5 15:29:28 UTC 2019

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the kick in the butt. I have upgraded the system (including
Tor). If I ever upgrade from ADSL to fiber increasing the bandwidth will be
an option.

The largest issue I have had is being placed on blacklist which prevented
getting to some websites altogether (eg. Duke Energy, MonoPrice) and others
that would claim I was using a proxy (eg. Hulu) or would fail with no error
message when trying to complete a purchase (eg. Tesla).  I finally tracked
this down to BrightCloud, if anyone is having a similar problem. They
should make the bother of differentiating between someone using a proxy and
someone running a non-exiting Tor relay, but they didn't seem to be
motivated to. AT&T disconnected my service when I was configured as an exit
node, due to an abusive Tor user, but at least that was rational.

Clyde Zuber
www.zuberfowler.com