[network-health] Upgrade your 'NorthTahoeTor2' Tor relay?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sun Nov 10 04:05:37 UTC 2019

[adding back to the cc to network-health@, since I'm a poor bottleneck
for answering email]

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 01:18:08PM -0700, Ric Steinberger wrote:
>Roger - I think I've got a new Tor Relay
> setup, TahoeTor4, running on a Raspberry Pi 4.  A screenshot of the tail
>  of a logfile is attached.  Anyway you could take a quick look to see
> whether it looks OK to you?  Have started with 500 KB (1000 KB surge)
> bandwidth.... Let me know what you think.

Looks good!
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/ED96C0D8C4EA7753D8F2A63BB00AFBF96C419853
You could even bump up the available bandwidth, since relays with those
tiny bandwidth numbers tend to attract less traffic -- it looks from the
graphs above that your relay is doing maybe 30 or 40 KBytes/s as a long
term average, which is a lot less than 500 KBytes/s.

>TahoeTor2 may be removed from
>  any Tor system records.

Old relays will naturally fall out of the 'relay search' web results.
They will stay in the archived data sets at collector.torproject.org,
as historical records about the Tor network.

Thanks!
--Roger