[network-health] Upgrade your 'engee' Tor relay?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Sat Aug 31 10:53:15 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 05:38:39AM +0200, Kai Duisenberg wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> thank you for your E-Mail. I just updated Tor to the new Tor-Repo.

Looks good -- you're on 0.4.1.5 now. Great!

> I am
> shocked Ubuntu-Repo is that bad and outdated...

Yes indeed. Ubuntu lacks anybody who cares to keep Tor up to date. They
pull in a lot of their debs straight from Debian, which is both good
and bad, but mostly bad in this case.

> Also i currently disabled IPv6 Support, as it again seams to be not working
> on my system. Going to look into it too and goal is to fix this by today.

Great. IPv6 support in Tor still needs some work in terms of usability,
automated checking, correctly explaining to the relay operator what's
going on, etc. I believe one of the network-team people has been putting
together a proposal on what exactly needs to improve, and if it gets
funded things should get better. :)

Thanks!
--Roger