[network-health] Upgrade your 'zebra620' Tor relay?

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Thu Aug 29 12:09:42 UTC 2019

On 29 Aug (13:05:57), Martin Haltmayer wrote:
> Hi Roger,

Greetings Martin!

> thanks for alerting me.
>
> I did all what is described to update tor.
>
> However, it still shows in the onion link Tor 0.3.3.9, although the running
> tor binary /usr/bin/tor now changed the modification time from April 2018 to
> 21st Aug 2019.
>
> Please advise. How can I check locally at my server what version of tor I am
> running?

It looks good!

See: https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/C414F28FD2BEC1553024299B31D4E726BEB8E788

Also, a good way to verify the version is to run tor with the --version
switch:

    /usr/bin/tor --version

> Please keep in mind that the standard Ubuntu tor user is "debian-tor", not
> just "tor" - I hope this does not break the updates?

Yes, it should be fine. Ubuntu uses the Debian package.

Big thanks for running a relay!
David