[network-health] Upgrade your Tor relay?

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Thu Aug 29 02:03:53 UTC 2019

Hi netinch / zzif people,

Can you forward this mail to your network operator folks, or to whoever
is running the Tor relay there? :)

You are running a fast Tor relay, which is great:
http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/rs.html#details/16A2A93FFD900DCF3C8A5A2BE84246D808703012

But that Tor version is obsolete, and because of old bugs, we will soon
cut relays running those versions out of the network. Please consider
upgrading!

The Tor 0.3.5 long-term-stable branch will be maintained until Feb 2022:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases#Current
and you can see the lifetimes of other Tor versions on that table too.

You can find Tor packages for your distro / OS here:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide#PlatformspecificInstructions

Let us know if we can do anything to make the process easier.

And lastly, I am cc'ing the new network health mailing list (which
has public archives), to help us stay synced:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkHealthTeam

Thanks!
--Roger