[metrics-team] Bridge Suddenly Missing

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Thu Mar 18 17:44:36 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 10:14:09AM -0700, Tor Master wrote:
> I've been watching my Tor bridge on metrics.torproject.org for over a year
> now, but it disappeared about three days ago and hasn't returned.  I just
> had the details page of my bridge bookmarked, but that page now returns an
> error: No Tor relays or bridges matched your query.  My fingerprint didn't
> change.  Does anyone know why this happened?

My first thought is that you're running on some bsd platform, and you
use libressl, and you've upgraded your libressl and got bit by the
libressl bug:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40128

But if that's not it, the next step is to try to figure out whether it's
still running, and if so whether it's still publishing new descriptors
(check the logs), and if so whether it's actually reachable (try using
your bridge line yourself from a Tor Browser on a different machine).

And if none of those work, the tor-relays@ list might provide more tips.

Good luck!
--Roger