[metrics-team] Blog post about contributing to the Tor metrics timeline

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Thu Feb 25 07:06:50 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 06:21:39PM -0300, Gaba wrote:
> It looks great! Do you want help/comments/editions to the blogpost
> before posting it?  If you do then I can move your blogpost to a web
> document so we can help with edition. After that we can create a user
> for you in the blog (if you don't have one already) so you can directly
> post it.

I have a blog account. I wrote a draft of the blog post and saved it,
but did not publish it yet.
	https://blog.torproject.org/node/2004
If it looks okay, you can publish it any time. Or you may feel free to
edit it. If there is a metrics team IRC meeting tomorrow, I will try to
hang out, in case anyone wants to discuss.

I noticed that clicking "Edit" in the blog would mangle all the post's
markup. I had to paste in the entire post from my text editor every
time. In case it happens to you, I have attached the source markup. I
had to use HTML for the images and tables, because they did not look
good otherwise.

> > - I want to include screenshots in the tutorial. In the past I've hosted
> >   blog graphics under people.torproject.org/~dcf/, but I've been told
> >   it's better, for the blog, to host them at extra.torproject.org. What
> >   is the process for getting files placed on extra.torproject.org?

I see, the newer blog software has a way to upload images directly to
the blog.