[metrics-team] onionoo ASN data source update / switch

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Mon Oct 26 00:49:42 UTC 2020

Hi Karsten,

we (two onionoo users [1]) would like to tackle the issue of
outdated ASN data in onionoo.

To make use of yui.cat I depend on a common ASN data source otherwise many links
will end up with HTTP 404 when I link from OrNetStats to yui.cat.

I currently see these options:

a) keep using onionoo.tpo as data source and hope it gets updated eventually
b) run my own onionoo instance with an updated ASN data source
c) keep using onionoo.tpo but replace as_name, as_nubmer data in onionoo with data from RIPEstat
(and ask Jordan to do the same so my links to yui.cat don't break)

On 2020-09-15 you were unassigned from the related ticket [2] so we guess, there is no one working
on this and there is no change planned, is this correct? (so (a) is not really an option)

thanks,
nusenu

[1] http://yui.cat/ , https://nusenu.github.io/OrNetStats/
[2] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/metrics/trac/-/issues/32978