[metrics-team] IT Outsourcing LLC not recognised

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Tue Jul 7 09:10:18 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 07/07/2020 09:28, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> The likely reason is that our AS database is over 6 months old. We
> didn't update it anymore since MaxMind changed access to their GeoLite2
> databases:

For Onionoo, I don't see a reason to not update the database. Only for
situations where we distribute it are there issues. 6 months is a long
time, that's probably going to impact the network health and bad relays
people.

I've been working with the new system for getting the GeoLite database,
and all it requires is to sign up for an account and verify an email
address. Then you can just download the zip file as normal. If you
include an API key in the URL, you can wget it on the host directly.

Thanks,
Iain.