[metrics-team] New censorship event, in Belarus. No way to add it

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Fri Aug 28 18:38:34 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 10:26:37AM +0000, kuroneko at dismail.de wrote:
> Belarus has been experiencing serious internet connectivity issues for 3 days already.
>
> I tried to add a new censorship event to <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/MetricsTimeline>, but the wiki has been rendered read-only.
>
> See also: https://twitter.com/KuroNeko10x/status/1293035387468648450.
>
> Is there any other way to add a new censorship event to metrics.torproject.org at the moment?

There's now a new repo for the metrics timeline:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/metrics/timeline

KuroNeko, how do you feel about requesting a GitLab account at
https://gitlab.onionize.space/, and then either filing a merge request
or editing the timeline README.md directly?

I want to know whether this process will be low-friction enough. I don't
know whether it's easy to (1) request an account, and (2) get the
necessary permissions to file merge requests or make edits. If you are
interested, please try out the process to see if it works smoothly.

At https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/metrics-team/2020-August/001157.html
Karsten suggested an alternative of having a mailing list to submit new
events. Would you like that better or worse than a merge request?