[metrics-team] Information about graph

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Sep 5 13:48:21 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-31 20:38, Marcus Ahle wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi Marcus,

> i am currently doing some research for my theses and would like to use
> this graph about performance in the tor
> network: https://metrics.torproject.org/torperf.html
> The problem is, that i can’t find any information, about what the
> sources op-ab, op-hk, op-nl and op-us standing for. If you would help me
> out with that would be wonderful.

Good question. This would ideally be documented somewhere, but we didn't
do that yet.

The answer is that these names are based on the locations where
OnionPerf hosts are located:

 - op-ab runs in Scotland (Alba = Gaelic name for Scotland),
 - op-hk runs in Hong Kong,
 - op-nl runs in the Netherlands, and
 - op-us runs in the United States of America.