[metrics-team] GitHub + Travis CI for Metrics repositories

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Tue Sep 11 11:56:46 UTC 2018

Hi Hiro,

I have been playing with using Travis CI with Metrics codebases. In the
longer term I would like to have automated static code analysis and
coverage reporting set up for all projects but for now I just have the
tests being run for one project.

The proof-of-concept is at https://travis-ci.org/irl/onionoo which runs
the tests in a Docker container and fetches the dependencies from Debian
packages inside the container.

Could we create the following GitHub repositories:

 * torproject/exonerator
 * torproject/metrics-base
 * torproject/metrics-lib
 * torproject/metrics-web
 * torproject/onionoo

These would then be sync'd from git.tpo. Once these repositories are
created, can you enable Travis CI for them also, but only for branches
that contain a .travis.yml?

Thanks,
Iain.