[metrics-team] relay-bridge

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Tue Oct 23 12:05:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 21/10/18 18:46, Keifer Bly wrote:
> I would recommend asking your ISP to change your IP address as it is
> possible

This is probably a discussion for tor-relays@ not metrics-team@, but
note that Tor Metrics are not the only people that keep data on the Tor
network.

If I was trying to censor the Tor network, I might block any IP address
that was part of the network in the last X months, or I might probe the
ORPort to see if maybe it's switched to being a bridge, or other things
like this.

If you have only low bandwidth available and this is why you switched to
a bridge, then fair enough, but if it was for another reason then maybe
you are better contributing to relay bandwidth than being a bridge.

Just some thoughts, I don't have any data to swing the decision one way
or another.

Thanks,
Iain.