[metrics-team] How does tor network calculate relay status?

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:17:29 UTC 2018

I have been working to get my relay marked as stable. I am aware that a relay needs to be running for 8 days to be listed as stable. I had it up to four solid days, but had to restart it tonight as my contact information was entered incorrectly. Despite only being off for one minute or so, torstatus.blutumage.de picked up that it restarted, and now reads “uptime: 0 days”. Does this mean I have to restart the 8 days over again from the start?
Thank you.
The relay in question is at:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/8D90596192E548C8C00FA9E82759F95B875DC99E