[metrics-team] [tor-relays] Wrongly assigning country for OVH datacenters

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Tue Mar 20 13:59:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 20/03/18 13:43, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> I'm unclear what you suggest we do here. We simply updated to the latest
> GeoLite2 City database the other day. We generally don't make any
> modifications to what we get from MaxMind. Unless you think we screwed
> up somewhere, I'm afraid there's not much we can do about MaxMind being
> wrong.

This email was more to just to make us aware of the issue, than to
suggest we do anything about it. We can only deal with the data we have
but it's good to know the limitations of that data.

From nusenu's analysis, it would appear that the changes are not so
large, so I guess this particular operator was just unlucky to have all
of his relays reported as in France with this change.

Thanks,
Iain.