[metrics-team] Changes to Java release lifecycle and licensing

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jul 24 08:15:56 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-23 16:05, Iain Learmonth wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Iain,

> It looks like Oracle is changing the way they do Java releases including
> some changes to the way that licensing works. I don't think this affects
> us as we use OpenJDK but it would be worth making sure.
>
> https://dev.karakun.com/java/2018/06/25/java-releases.html

I think this only affects us indirectly. As you say, we're using
OpenJDK, more particularly, whichever OpenJDK version is available in
Debian stable. And even if we have to switch from one version to the
next on a relatively short notice, that's still doable for us.

Thanks for flagging this potential issue, though!