[metrics-team] Bringing back Tor Weather - volunteering developer

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jul 23 07:47:46 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-20 19:12, nusenu wrote:
>> First, I think that it's great that you'd like to volunteer to help
>> bring back Tor Weather. Unfortunately we cannot be sure how much time we
>> could commit to helping you with this,
>
> is this statement for the metrics team specifically or all tor project?
> (i.e. the relay advocate (phoul/Colin) which also is a software developer according to his
> twitter bio)

This is a statement for the metrics team specifically.

Please feel free to ask Colin whether he has more time to contribute to
bringing back Tor Weather.

>> As this would not at least at the start be considered an official
>> project, we would ask that you don't call the new service Tor Weather.
>
> lets go with "Unofficial Tor Weather"?
> if the Tor Project objects the use of "Tor":
> "OrWeather"

It's the word "Tor" that shouldn't be in the name. In that sense,
"OrWeather" would work but "Unofficial Tor Weather" would not. Of
course, just "Weather" would be fine, too.