[metrics-team] Bringing back Tor Weather - volunteering developer

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Fri Jul 20 20:27:00 UTC 2018

>> depending on how much history you are going to retain per relay the
>> DB
>> might become big
>
> Let's start and see how it goes. I can store only limited amount of
> info as the rest of the data can be fetched from onionoo and augment,
> so the "events" DB only has the fingerprint and the type of event - the
> rest is fetched in the process generating the feed files.

good point

>>> Since there are only ~8123  relays and ~439 bridges (so total of
>>> ~8562
>>> nodes to generate feeds every 1 hour or so).
>>
>> + families
>
> Well, its just storing the family ID I guess, no? or am I missing
> something?

strictly speaking there are no family IDs, just relay FPs.

If every URL is a static file on the filesystem and you support
per-family feeds I assume you generate a file per family on the filesystem
in addition to a file per relay, the family-level feed is in practice
probably just a concatenation of all relay-level files.
..but the details here shouldn't matter to much.

I also had the idea of top N feeds which I added to the trac entry:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/26124#comment:6

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu