[metrics-team] Bringing back Tor Weather - volunteering developer

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Fri Jul 20 18:32:53 UTC 2018

> Lets not replicate checks that can already be done with available services like uptimerobot.com or
> are already done by dir auths.

Hi nusenu. Sorry, I might be missing something but I'm unsure how
uptimerobot.com would check tor relays. Unlike stem, it doesn't speak
the ORPort protocol.

That said, completely agreed that a simple consensus check should come
first. Probing means added (albeit marginal) additional traffic on
relays so no reason not to start with the cheaper copnsensus check.
Just an option ('health check probe'?) for a new Weather incarnation.
That's all.