[metrics-team] Bringing back Tor Weather - volunteering developer

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Fri Jul 20 17:18:09 UTC 2018

>> This greatly reduces code complexity
>
> using stem to check if a relay is in consensus and running shouldn't
> increase complexity a lot?

Nope, it's very simple. On a side note for what it's worth I have a
'personal Weather' in the form of a cron task that probes my relay's
ORPort to see if it's around. This is a tad deeper than simply
checking if a relay's in the consensus but honestly it all does the
trick. What Weather did wasn't terribly complicated.

In case anyone's curious here's my cron task.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/doctor.git/tree/relay_check.py