[metrics-team] Bridge descriptors in collector

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Jul 9 07:50:35 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-09 00:47, Iain Learmonth wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Iain,

> The last bridge descriptors I see in collector are from 2 days ago.
> There are no errors showing in collector's logs, other than warnings
> that the latest descriptors are over 5:30 hours old.
>
> Karsten - can you take a look?

I noticed the same yesterday night from those warnings that descriptors
are over 5:30 hours old. There wasn't much I could do, though.

It looks like Bifroest is still running, it's just not copying over
bridge descriptor tarballs to colchicifolium. It's unclear whether
BridgeDB on polyanthum receives fresh descriptors, or if it simply
continues giving out the latest descriptors it has.

I'll try to find out more this morning. But I rely on the admins of
Bifroest and BridgeDB to resolve this, and I'm not sure when they are
available.

Thanks for raising this!