[metrics-team] [tor-project] December 2017 report for the metrics team

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Jan 9 21:32:16 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-09 20:38, Stijn Jonker wrote:
> Dear Karsten / Metrics team,

Hi Stijn,

> On 9 Jan 2018, at 12:00, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>
>     Hello Tor, hello world!
>
>     Below you'll find the highlights of Tor metrics team work done in
>     December 2017.
>
>     On behalf of the Tor metrics team,
>     Karsten
>
> Stunning work, really atlas/metrics gives a good insight in my relays,
> but also the new map with the various rations etc is very interesting.

Thanks, glad to hear!

> do see a minor issue, and apologies if this isn't the right forum/way of
> approaching.
>
> For my two relays:
> - 328E54981C6DDD7D89B89E418724A4A7881E3192
> - 366BC592BC0154C0CD1D35C0E77D8F2C7F0B843E
>
> The 1 Month bandwidth graphs seem to have stopped updating, (it's hard
> to see for the 3 months graph for
> 328E54981C6DDD7D89B89E418724A4A7881E3192, the other is only online for
> 14 days so no 3 months yet). I took a sample of the top ten relays and
> their 1 Month BW graphs seem to be updated correctly. So initially I
> though image cache, but then found it's actually an SVG "image" in the
> HTML code. The legend field in the HTML ends at 24th of dec for my
> relays, whereby the top 10's report Jan 7th.
>
> So I switched from Safari to Chrome, emptied caches but no luck. The odd
> thing is that the weight graph is indeed updated for my relays and the
> last legend date "printed" as I write this is 7th of Jan.
>
> Nothing urgent, as the internally monitoring gives me those stats, just
> though I would report it.

Thanks for the report! This sounds like an issue that has already been
reported on Trac and that we have been working on in the past few days.
If you want to follow that, here's the ticket:

I hope that we can fix it this week. But as you say, it's mostly a
display issue and everything continues to work as usual.

Again, thanks for reporting.