[metrics-team] Allow for TSV download of result

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Sat Jan 6 12:46:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 03:16:36PM +0100, Ole Tange wrote:
>> Thanks for giving an easy to use interface for searching. However,
>> when I search for https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/country:de I
>> can find no easy way to import the result into a spreadsheet.
>>
>> Maybe you could make it possible to export the result as TSV/CSV?

In a future version of Relay Search you will be able to select which
columns are shown in the search table (although we'll be keeping the
defaults), are the values that you need already in the table?

I'm wondering if you have a compelling reason to add/remove some fields
from the defaults for the aggregations or single relay search.

As for adding CSV download, this could be something we can add
relatively easily (maybe a few hours work). We already support
downloading the generated SVG images and this would work in a similar way.

It may also be possible to make the CSV download contain more detail
than the existing table as presentation issues are quite as much of a
problem for the download where you'll be importing it into a spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Iain.