[metrics-team] onionoo exit_addresses semantics

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sat Feb 17 00:05:00 UTC 2018

>>> This would be more accurate for my exit, which does not ever exit on
>>> its ORPort address.
>>
>> Why would that be more accurate? (it would not actually change exit_addresses
>> compared to the current state if it never exits on the ORPort, right?)
>
> The current format does not distinguish between:
> * an exit that exits on its ORPort address and another address
> * an exit that only exits on another address

Ok, I think I got your point now, it would not change your exit's exit_addresses
field but it would result in a change for other exit relays that exited via their
ORPort IP _and_ some other address (within the last 24 hours) - and the fact that
it does _not_ include the OR IP would actually mean something (because currently
there is not way it would be included).

I would still omit that field if ORPort IP would be the _only_ member in the exit_addresses
array because it increases size without increasing information.
--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
twitter: @nusenu_