[metrics-team] server-descriptor not readable (2018-02-08-11-05-00-server-descriptors has >30k descriptors)

Katharina Haselhorst katharina.haselhorst at sit.fraunhofer.de
Fri Feb 9 08:41:57 UTC 2018

Hi Damian,

> For what it's worth DocTor has an hourly cron job that runs Stem's
> validator on present descriptors...
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/doctor.git/tree/descriptor_checker.py No
> notices this week. If this ends up being due to invalid content then
> please let me know!

Yes, the descriptor seems to be valid - but still the java metrics lib
can't read it (maybe too big? or some bug in the implementation?).
Can someone confirm this issue or is it a problem specific to my
machine? Process runs with 100% cpu, I killed it after 10mins or so...
Just for reference my testing code:

public static void testReadServerDescriptor(String file) {
     DescriptorReader dr =
	DescriptorSourceFactory.createDescriptorReader();
     for (Descriptor d : dr.readDescriptors(new File(file))) {
         if (!(d instanceof RelayServerDescriptor)) {
             System.err.println("wrong descriptor type: "
		+ d.getClass());
             continue;
         }
         RelayServerDescriptor descriptor = (RelayServerDescriptor) d;
         System.out.println("parsed descriptor for relay "
	    + descriptor.getFingerprint());
     }
}

Regards, Kathi