[metrics-team] Tor Browser initial download numbers

Tommy Collison tommyc at torproject.org
Thu Feb 8 21:43:30 UTC 2018

Hi Metrics team!

I just spent some times with application download data in Tor Metrics.
I'm talking to a funder and it'd be great to be able to say "Tor Browser
was download x times in 2016 and y times in 2017 -- and this z percent
increase is proof that we're good at being a nonprofit."

Can you give me an insight into how reliable the download data is? How
are partial downloads treated? (You may have seen my conversation in
#tor-project just now.)

Cheers,

Tommy