[metrics-team] deleting tor metrics for long-running relays after 6 weeks of downtime

Erkko Roosimäe erkko13 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 04:02:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

just a thought. I ran tor relay at home for some years. Now it happened to
ruin its sd card and were offline for 6 weeks until i finally remembered to
order new one... And to my surprise, all those previous years of metrics
data for my relay are just vanished.

Kinda leaves me an impression that you perhaps dont appreciate those
relay-runners too much, if deleting years of data comes so easily to you.

Just my opinion. Maybe or maybe not your official attitude. But thats the
impression this leaves.