[metrics-team] permission to use visual

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Nov 8 13:01:29 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-08 13:24, Willemsen,Bart wrote:
> Hi team,

Hi Bart,

> My name is Bart Willemsen and I work with Gartner. For a presentation, showing the current state of things, I would like to include on stage a visual showing the usage in the world (e.g. as depicted here for users and the world: https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-country.html and http://geography.oii.ox.ac.uk/?page=tor )
>
> Would you please confirm that we are allowed to (with reference of source, of course)  use these images?

I'm not a lawyer, but I feel relatively confident to confirm that for
the first graph,
https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-relay-country.html, which his
licensed under CC BY. See the footnote on that page. If you need an
answer with even more confidence, please let us know here, and I'll try
to find Tor people who also happen to be lawyers.

I'm not sure about the second visualization,
http://geography.oii.ox.ac.uk/?page=tor, which is hosted by the Oxford
Internet Institute and which apparently is licensed under CC BY NC. If
this is enough information for you to move forward, great. If not,
please reach out to the Oxford people.