[metrics-team] Atlas 1.0 Plan

Iain R. Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Wed May 3 21:34:49 UTC 2017

Hi,

Atlas is not just a software as a service solution. The codebase runs
straight out the git repository and I do this regularly for testing and
reviewing of patches.

To organise the roadmap for Atlas, and have some tangible target, I propose
that Atlas has "releases". These are going to be pretty informal and will
probably take the form of a signed git commit.

I also intend, once this point is reached, to make a release of an Atlas
Debian package so that you may run a local Atlas instance easily with
managed stable updates (of course, this will still query Onionoo).

tor#14940 is going to be very useful for the Debian package in ensuring that
we have reasonable licenses for all the code used by Atlas.

I've added these items to the agenda to raise awareness of these intentions,
but I'm not going to be present as I've got a scheduling conflict. If they
are discussed, it would be cool if someone could add notes to the pad or
follow up on this email.

Thanks,
Iain.