[metrics-team] network traffic camouflage and its classification

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sun Jan 15 17:50:24 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 08:25:48PM +0800, 红色朗姆酒Hiteyoshi wrote:
>    My name is Shucheng Wu, a  graduate student from USTC in China. Recently I
> have been doing a survey about network traffic camouflage and its
> classification. I am hoping maybe you could help me a little by telling me some
> relevant websites or papers since I am a little bit embarrassed about the
> situation where I hardly know anything about that.

This paper is a good place to start. The last page has a long list of
camouflage systems.
"SoK: Making Sense of Censorship Resistance Systems"
Sheharbano Khattak, Tariq Elahi, Laurent Simon, Colleen M. Swanson,
Steven J. Murdoch, and Ian Goldberg
https://www.degruyter.com/downloadpdf/j/popets.2016.2016.issue-4/popets-2016-0028/popets-2016-0028.xml

This online bibliography has many other papers related to traffic
obfuscation:
https://censorbib.nymity.ch/