[metrics-team] Problem with RelaySearch or the relay data

Andreas Piesk a.piesk at mailbox.org
Mon Dec 11 23:00:07 UTC 2017

Am 11.12.2017 um 23:09 schrieb teor:

>> 1. the relay IS running and i see V2, V3 and V4 connections.
>
> The relay is reachable over IPv4, but not IPv6.
>
> The 5 directory authorities that check ReachableIPv6 have marked your relay
> as not Running. That means the IPv6 address is wrong or unreachable.
> (The 3 that only check IPv4 marked it as Running, but they're not a majority.
> And 1 authority did not vote.)

That's helpful, thanks. I checked the tunnel and it seems to be a routing problem which is fixed now ;-)

> Also, the bandwidth authorities are still voting for your relay.
>
> This page lists all the votes for your relay:
> https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health-2017-12-11-17-00.html#43AD3376735B4A227920AD06D2D9B6970B3C75DF

Yeah, that's what i looked for! But the link is broken, returns 404.

https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health.html works.

> We're working on having better support for IPv6 across Relay Search and
> consensus health.

XML or JSON output would be nice too, easier to parse ;-)

>> 2. if it was last seen 2017-12-08 20:00:00,
>
> It was last seen in the consensus.
>
>> where does the restart date 2017-12-10 23:12:29 come from?
>
> The restart date comes from the descriptor.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, helped me a lot to understand.

>> 3. 3.1.9 is not outdated as Relay Search reports
>
> I'm not sure if you received nusenu's email:

Oh, I did, thank you too, nusenu. You both were very helpful.

After fixing the IPV6 routing the relay should be visible via IPv6 again, will check again in a few hours.

Best Regards,
-ap