[metrics-team] IPv6 votes and consensus synthetic flags

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Dec 8 15:30:02 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-08 00:15, Iain Learmonth wrote:
> [...]
>
> In the patch above, there is a distinction between "announced" and
> "confirmed". I think perhaps this distinction should be between
> "announced" and "reachable". This also gives two good properties from
> which to generate synthetic flags:

Would it help if we renamed the "confirmed" column to "reachable" in the
newly suggested CSV file?

(In fact, the current plan is to name columns "announced_ipv6",
"confirmed_ipv6_relay", and "exiting_ipv6_relay". But even then it might
make sense to choose "reachable_ipv6_relay".)

Other than that it sounds like the definitions in the newly suggested
CSV file will not collide with existing definitions. Is that correct?

Thanks for working towards more consistent definitions!