[metrics-team] GetTor Metrics for Egypt?

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Thu Dec 7 12:54:25 UTC 2017

Hello Ramy,

On 2017-12-07 13:06, Ramy Raoof wrote:
> How can we know if gettor is [not] down/running? and what to do if it
> didnt work?. I dropped a line asking Israel about it. Over last few
> hours we have been teaching new ppl to use it (in Yemen) and we didnt
> get any response to the emails sent.

Israel is the better person to answer this.

However, I just sent a test message to GetTor with subject "Help" and
immediately received a response with instructions. So, it's not down for
me. Maybe try from a different address.

Sorry, I don't really know how to debug this. Your best bet is Israel or
maybe friendly people in the #tor IRC channel who have more experience
with GetTor than I. (My main interaction was to process GetTor
statistics until five years ago.)