[metrics-team] How to use this compass feature on RS?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 00:39:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 2 Dec 2017, at 10:53, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> since my feature request to replicate a compass feature in relay search
> got closed because it is apparently already possible somehow and I don't
> see how I can do the same on relaysearch maybe you can help me out with
> a short description.
>

> on compass I do:
> - open compass
> - click the two checkboxes:
> [x] group relays by country
> [x] group relays by AS
> - number of results: -1
> - click Submit
>
> I get a long list

How close is this to what you want?

https://atlas.torproject.org/#aggregate/as/running:true%20

I can generate it by following these steps:
1. Select Aggregation tab
2. Select "Running Relays Only"
3. Tap "by AS"

There are at least 4 bugs here:
A. The URL need not end in %20
B. The page says that Running Relays are assumed, but step 2 is required. If running relays are assumed, this field should be removed
C. The "by AS" and "by CC" buttons don't look like a button, at least on iOS
D. It's unclear what the "Advanced Aggregation" button is meant to do

But I think nusenu might want another bug fixed:
E. It is impossible to aggregate by AS and by CC at the same time