[metrics-team] Collector Instance back up

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Sun Aug 20 20:29:09 UTC 2017

Hi Tom,

On 2017-08-15 20:18, Tom Ritter wrote:
> After a long absence the https://collector.ritter.vg/ instance is back
> up and running.
>
> Please let me know if it appears to behave oddly. It should be stable,
> and has been running for the past several days seemingly without
> hiccups.

Thanks for letting us know!

However, please note that we're trying to depend less on unofficial
mirrors and more on mirrors run on official Tor hosts.

For example, we do have two official CollecTor hosts running right now,
with the first syncing from the second. And we might add a third
official Tor host there in the future, though we don't have specific
plans for that yet.

But we're currently not planning to add unofficial mirrors to this
synchronization.

That being said, iwakeh added your mirror to the wiki page here:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/MetricsTeam/Operation

By all means, feel free to continue running this mirror! And we'll be
supporting you with that by keeping mirror operation, well, not harder
than it has to be.

You should just know that we might not be making use of your mirror in
the foreseeable future.

Hope that makes sense!