[metrics-team] Atlas: discussion on color scheme for relay icons after todays change

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Fri Apr 21 10:28:00 UTC 2017

Hi Iain,

thanks for reconsidering to revert to the red icon.
(and thanks for rejecting the family colors change in #21968)

About the tooltip:
I'd go with
"Outdated tor version"

although it is slightly longer than

"Not recommended".

If it is to long we could remove "tor" ("Outdated version") but I would
prefer it with "tor".

Possible new tooltip:

"Outdated tor version
This relay is running an old tor release with known issues.
"

I'm not to sure about "known issues" vs. "known vulnerabilities" since I
don't know of the formal requirements of the not_recommended information
provided by dir auths.

When looking at
https://gitweb.torproject.org/atlas.git/commit/?id=251ba71de9ce116f8380f61fdcf3937038acabb6

to find the file that I have to patch, I noticed that

templates/details/bridge.html

also contains that 'Not recommended' part, was this specifically added
to prepare for when onionoo provides that flag for bridges?

https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
https://twitter.com/nusenu_