[metrics-team] Dataset questions

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Apr 21 10:24:44 UTC 2017

Hi Nadiya,

On 18.04.17 03:30, Kostyuk, Nadiya wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I am interested in what columns in various datasets stand for.
> Specifically, in the client dataset, what do the following columns mean:
>
> transport     version     lower     upper     clients     frac
>

> Also, what do these two columns mean?
>
> percentile     advbw
>

> What do the following columns in the hidserv dataset mean?
>
> wmean     wmedian     wiqm     frac     stats
>

> and these columns in the webstats?
> request_type    platform    channel    locale    incremental count
>
> Lastly, the following columns in the server dataset:
> flag    country    version    platform    ec2bridge    relays bridges

This page contains specifications of the various .csv files above:

https://metrics.torproject.org/stats.html

> Also, how can I find information on when the censorship events took place?

We're collecting such insights on this page, though the list there is
likely incomplete:

https://metrics.torproject.org/news.html

> Thank you.

Hope that helps.  If anything remains unclear and could be documented
better on either of those two pages, please let us know!