[metrics-team] code review converTor

tl tl at rat.io
Fri Jun 24 12:29:32 UTC 2016

Hi Iwakeh,

as the storm in my inbox has calmed down it seems that you are done with the code review :-) Thanks a lot! I will respond to the issues on GitHub if I have questions or comments. With most of them I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks especially for kicking me about #7. While your memory about the code is still fresh I’d like to add two questions

You haven’t raised an issue about general architecture of the code, patterns used etc - the high level design, and I hope that’s a good sign ;-) If there is something that you found noteworthy, even if it didn’t qualify as a bug or an issue, please let me know.

Regarding testing: I would be glad about advice how to tackle this. You raised this issue before and when I investigated a little it seemed to me that done right it would be a project just as big as the converter itself. If that is indeed the case I would postpone this task until the other parts of the Analytics Server project are ready and the whole system proofs to be indeed useful and working as intended. So far the data produced is good enough for prototyping the Analytics Server and I’d like to concentrate on the other parts.
But if you have ideas about low hanging fruit towards a comprehensive testing solution or if you  have something in mind that is indeed not so laborious to implement then some hint would be very welcome.

Thanks again!
Thomas