[metrics-team] How to establish identity on converted descriptors

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Jun 22 10:04:13 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

using "type + published + fingerprint" for those four descriptor types
sounds reasonable.  There will be edge cases of relays or bridges
publishing more than one descriptor in a given second, but those cases
are likely caused by a bug and those descriptors are probably not as
useful for statistical analysis anyway.  So, while digest may be the
best unique identifier you could find, a combination of existing
identifiers should be sufficient in practice.

Rest looks good.