[metrics-team] Data set on bridge reachability available

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Mon Aug 15 18:18:13 UTC 2016

For the last six months, Lynn Tsai and I have been measuring the
reachability of the Tor Browser default bridges from China and Iran, in
order to find out when they get blocked. We've uploaded our data,
consisting of a CSV file with about 1.5 million rows, and source code to
process it.

https://www.bamsoftware.com/proxy-probe/

The columns in the CSV file signify
	date,site,host,port,elapsed,success,errno,errmsg

For a sample visualization of the data (from just one probe site in
China), see this graph in our FOCI 2016 paper:

https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/foci16/foci16-paper-fifield.pdf#4