[metrics-team] Exit relays' DNS resolvers over time

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Aug 2 18:28:00 UTC 2016

On 28/07/16 19:45, nusenu wrote:
> Are these scans done on an ongoing regular basis (weekly)?
>
> If so: Karsten, would you consider adding the resolver AS to
> onionoo?

Hi Nusenu,

sorry for moving slowly here.  I'm currently focusing on making
CollecTor better, which leaves little room for improving the other
code bases at the same time.  There will be a two-month window between
September 2016 and June 2017 where we'll improve Onionoo as part of
the MOSS award, but right now it's CollecTor time.

But would you consider running your own Onionoo instance if I assist
you with the set up?  You could then try out different data sources
for ASN data and compare results to those of Tor's Onionoo instance.
All you need is a reasonably fast server with 8G or better 16G RAM and
at least 50G disk space ideally on an SSD.  Let me know.