[global-south] Introduction - Outreachy Internship with Tor

Anushka Jain anushkajain2902 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:00:37 UTC 2021

Hello everyone.
My name is Anushka Jain. I'm from India.  My initial application for
Outreachy was accepted, and I'm excited to work with the Tor project.

Current, I'm a sophomore at the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.

I'm a self-taught UI/UX designer.
I'm new to open source and recently got to know about Outreachy via a
friend who was a 2020 Outreachy intern in design.

I'm interested in contributing to Tor because I support its core cause -
the human right to privacy.

As there is just one internship listed on the outreach website, I wanted to
know the scope of User research and experience in this internship. I love
solving problems with the help of design.
I wish to know how I can start contributing to the project.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the chat platforms used by Tor. Is there any
preferred public platform of the team, any telegram group or the like?

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thank you
Regards
Anushka Jain