[global-south] Tor Global South meeting

Cybelle cy63113 at riseup.net
Mon Sep 23 15:55:00 UTC 2019

Hi Tor's friends,

We'll hold our monthly Global South meeting on September 27, Friday, 16
*UTC*[1] at IRC, *OFTC*[2], #tor-south. If you need a little help using
IRC, read the *IRC for complete beginners*[3].

If you are already a contributor, bring your updates, questions, or just
join us, but if you still not a volunteers and are thinking about
contributing to the Tor Project, a good start is to read *Get
Involved*[4] and attend meetings, that are open to all.

It's not of today that Project Tor strives to reach people worldwide
through education in privacy technologies. There're a effort to reach
out to a more diverse and engaged audience of human rights defenders in
the Global South. User Feedback Program started two years ago, which
combines training with user experience research.

A post was recently posted on Tor's Blog: *Reaching People Where They
Are*[5] explaining better Tor's Global South Community's work  with the
UX Community.

See y'all friday!

[1] https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

[2] ​https://webchat.oftc.net/
[4] https://2019.www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en

[5] https://blog.torproject.org/reaching-people-where-they-are

Cheers,

Cybelle
DC8F 1F4C 9167 049F 7AA1 0BD6 2FB3 B0C9 F369 34C5
https://keybase.io/cy63113
@cyb3113