[global-south] Global South Meeting notes from Oct 30

Cybelle cy63113 at riseup.net
Thu Oct 31 20:28:00 UTC 2019

Hi!

*Next meeting Fri, Nov 29, 16UTC, #tor-south*

Here is a short summary of the Global South meeting from Wednesday, Oct30:

* A campinas hackerspace (LHC) invited me (caioau) to give them a talk
about Tor, Im still preparing the presentation but Ill talk about the
basics about Tor, desmistifing it and how to run relays
* Criptofesta Sao Paulo - dec 7th 2019 - more details soon.
* CryptoRave 2020: May 15 and 16.
* Outreachy - after one month colaborating, november 5th will be the
final day to send your contribution. We have a lot of applicants from
the Global South and it has been a pleasure to work together
* A new OTRv4 draft has been published:
https://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-dev/2019-October/002566.html.
If you want to contribute to it, contact cherenkov at riseup.net
* Mozfest session had 30 people very interested in Tor, what is and what
is not 'deep web'
* Italy - some workshop and sesson about tor and digital self defence
happening in Florence, Naples, Bologna and Turin here some links
 https://gancio.cisti.org/event/532
 https://ifdo.noblogs.org/post/2019/10/25/mercoledi-6-novembre-internet-e-anonimato-la-rete-tor/
* Mexico - Small workshop about Tails and Tor at UAM university (mexico
city)
http://multimedia.xoc.uam.mx/index.php/13a-semana-de-la-cultura-digital-en-la-uamxochimilco/the
good news is that 25 computers in the library now have Tor Browser
installed, which used to have only adobe and apple software

Cheers,

--
Cybelle
DC8F 1F4C 9167 049F 7AA1 0BD6 2FB3 B0C9 F369 34C5